Procedures for the growth of the camellia
* Choose a large pot, preferably one that is at least 14 inches in diameter. Fill with potting bark, perlite and pine. The soil should have a high acid content. The container must have a hole at the bottom to allow drainage. Fill the bottom with a layer of pebbles on the ground also helps to drain.
* Camellia should not be grown from seed, as it reduces the chances of the plant in bloom. The best way to spread this variety is of leaves and cuttings.
* Choose a semi-ripe stem of a plant Camellia for adults and cut just below the blade, so you have a sheet with about an inch of stem. Insert the blade into the soil, making the paper is visible on the surface. Do not force the paper down to the bottom. Water recently transplanted cut deeply, and keep moist. The ideal time to test again at the end of winter.
* Place the pot in a room that receives the morning sun, and maintain a temperature of 60 ° C to 65 ° C. Avoid sunlight and wind in excess. Also a lot of sun burns the leaves and the wind can cause discoloration and loss. A room with a window facing south is ideal for camellias. Note that the first shoots emerge at the end of a month.
Flower Camellia | growing Camellia plants at home
Irrigation and fertilization
* You must water regularly camellia in the warmer months, and less frequently in winter.
* Keep the humidity level in the soil, but be careful not to water too often. Flooded roots are subject to root rot. If the top layer of soil is moist to the touch, not water.
* The plant blooms in the spring or early winter, when you see the first shoots appear, fertilize the soil. Fertilizers containing high levels of potassium are the ideal choice. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully when adding fertilizer. Continue to fertilize until the end of the flowering season.
* High levels of humidity are necessary for the plant to thrive. Moisten with water the leaves regularly. If the atmosphere is dry, put a cold steam humidifier in the room.
The pruning of the camellia
* Pruning stimulates new growth. Cut the stem with sharp scissors and cut the stems at an angle close to the main branch. Pruning also shape the plant. Prune after flowering is over. The top of the branches must be cut to encourage new shoots, and cut the lower branches should ensure that they develop vertically straight.
* Cut the shoots also encourages more flowers. Cut the small buttons next to the terminal buds to improve the quality of the flowers present and future.
The care of the plant
* The camellia is often affected by diseases caused by fungi, particularly the burning of the petals, causing brown spots on the petals. During the trial burn, cut and remove the leaves or flowers with brands and even those who have fallen to the ground. Diseases caused by fungi can be prevented if the ventilation is maintained.
* The camellia is subject to various pests, the most common are aphids, scale insects and mites. Apply insecticides and carefully follow the instructions in the application.
* Do not leave the base of the plant are covered with leaves and stems. Do not pass. Instead, shake and cover the area with mulch, being careful not to completely cover the area around the roots. Mulching prevents weed growth, protects the roots of the intense heat, and retains moisture.
* The camellias are growing fast, so depending on the size of the pot and the plant may need to be transplanted into a bigger pot every two or three years. Spring is generally the best time to replant.
Camellia plants are strong and if you care for their own sake, will thrive on it. The plants that grow in large may need to be replanted in the garden. Use flowers in clusters, or use them as decorative objects floating in the water, which can last several days. The camellias are grown as bonsai, as well, and clung to cut beautiful shapes. Place pots of camellias in the winter garden or on the window sill is one of the best ways to decorate your home, and you can also use the leaves of a plant to mature now. So if you have a green thumb, growing camellias is very simple, follow the instructions above.